Can you text a BT landline
SMS messages and your landline
You can send SMS messages from your home phone to other landlines and mobiles in the UK with BT Text. Or you can dial 1471 after a voice message and 0845 602 1111 will be announced as the last call. If you’re getting unwanted texts, go to our unwanted calls section.
How do I listen to text messages on my BT landline
Just dial Text store 0845 602 1111 to listen to the spoken text messages (calls cost 5p a minute, plus your BT access charge). Please remember that we can only save messages here for 24 hours.
What happens if you send a text to a landline
Most of the time, your message will just disappear into the ether—it won’t be delivered or received. However,some wireless and landline carriers support text-to-landline messaging. If this applies, your message will result in the recipient’s phone ringing and your message will be “read” aloud.
Can you send a text to a landline UK
Landline texting isn’t supported by all mobile carriers, so texting a landline might not always work. If your number is blocked by someone with a landline, too, the text won’t go through. However, some carriers that do support the option to convert a text into a voice message for a landline.
How do you send a text to a landline phone
You can send a text message to a landline the same way you’d send a message to a mobile number. From the text messaging screen of your mobile device, enter the recipient’s 10-digit phone number in the To field, as you would with a regular text message. Then create your message and send it.
Can you send text messages from a landline phone
Landline phones themselves can’t send texts, but landline phone numbers can be text-enabled. Text-enabling a number involves registering a text(SMS) carrier for the number. It is actually a part of the same system that identifies the voice carrier of telephone numbers.
How do I listen to messages on my landline
Dial your landline phone number from another phone. Press “#” on the keypad when you hear your voice mail greeting message. Enter the PIN, when prompted. When checking your voice mail messages from a phone that is not the primary landline, you will have to enter the PIN to access the messages.
Does text to landline cost money
Any Bell Mobility customer with a text messaging-capable phone can use the Text to Landline service and no subscription is required. Charges of $0.30 per message will apply. There is no charge to the recipient of a Text to Landline message.
Is BT 1571 free
It’s good news if you have a BT Business phone line, as 1571 is free. The BT Answer message service is provided by default, but may need to be registered.
How do you tell if a number is a landline
How to Tell if a Number is from a Landline
- Conduct a reverse phone search online at a website that provides this service.
- Enter the phone number in question.
- Click on the “Search” button to see the results.
- Scroll down the page or find the area that confirms whether the number is a cell number or a landline.
How do you send a text message
How to Compose a Text Message on Your Android Phone
- Open the phone’s texting app.
- If you see the name of the person you want to text, choose it from the list.
- If you’re starting a new conversation, type a contact name or cell phone number.
- If you’re using Hangouts, you may be prompted to send an SMS or find the person on Hangouts.
- Type your text message.
Why would text message fail to send
1. Invalid Numbers. This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won’t be delivered – similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.